Monday, May 24, 2010

iwrite


no more of this free falling, my rope is gonna snap soon.
it feels great to swing and drift, drag my nails against the moon but

so many crumbs fall from my loaf, little nothings create a mess
slide the pile to the side
denial denial
oh gluttony of the selfish soul
keep stuffing
pushing
away the blemishes on my soul wont leave

swinging

add another brick to the wall
hiding everything i fear
confront
the disaster, the failure,
i've stepped on my glasses
broken
now my vision is all obscured
cracks
dents
holes
make these steps
this shortcut on the edge of the cliff
seem right

fading

jumping from island to island
with no destination
my treasure map was a trap
and although my ship is anchored
it can still drag away

flying is for fairy tales,
grow up

No comments:

Post a Comment